Login to access downloadable video and image content
(for Accredited Press Only)
MIAMI – July 12, 2016 – Celebrity Cruises continues to push modern luxury travel forward by redefining what luxurious travel can be. As the brand that launched the revolutionary and award-winning Solstice Class ships, with their industry-first half acre of real grass lawn at sea, followed by the multi-million dollar “Solsticizing” of its Millennium Class ships, Celebrity continues to showcase why the brand is distinctively different and truly leading-edge.
Discerning travelers are choosing Celebrity for the brand’s skill in blending cultural exploration with lavish accommodations, world-class cuisine and hospitality, that can only be summed up as the Celebrity Distinction – an unwavering commitment to consistently provide a vacation experience unlike any other.
"The Celebrity Distinction is our commitment to continually offer fresh, enticing and uniquely differentiated travel experiences,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises. “When I rejoined Celebrity, we re-established our vision first introduced with the award winning Solstice Class ships, and we have been extremely busy over the last 18 months bringing even more one-of-a-kind offerings to our guests."
Lutoff-Perlo, added: "We are purposely different because we hold a unique position in modern luxury travel, having re-defined what luxury is. It felt natural for us to define the incredible experiences we offer under the singular umbrella of The Celebrity Distinction. We will continue to innovate, pushing modern luxury to a new level. We have only just begun.”
In addition to introducing the Solstice Class ships and “Solsticizing” the Millennium Class ships, during the last 18 months Celebrity has premiered new exciting offerings to further enhance the guest experience. These Celebrity Distinction initiatives include:
Unique Destination Experiences:
• Increased number of overnight sailings in the most in-demand destinations
• Greater variety of Signature Event Sailings to the hottest global events
• New destination experiences, including Chef Market Discoveries, exclusively Celebrity and Private Journeys shore excursions with dedicated Destination Insiders to assist guests in creating the best vacation
• The expansion in the Galapagos Islands with two distinct new ships, and a multi-million dollar refresh per vessel for signature modern luxury experiences. Guests can enjoy new ports-of-call and exclusive shore excursions
Onboard Enhancements and Experiences:
• Multi-million dollar refresh of the Celebrity Summit, Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Millennium with new spaces and experiences – more luxurious than ever before
• New lavish Suite Class services and amenities, including the exclusive Luminae restaurant, personal butler service for every suite and a private lounge featuring a dedicated concierge
• Recognition by the prestigious Les Clefs d’Or Austria for the outstanding service from Celebrity’s Michael’s Club concierges
• Advancing women's leadership in cruising with the hire of the industry's first-ever American female captain, Kate McCue
• A one-of-a-kind multi-sensory experience, Taste of Film, combining delicious food with film on the new Rooftop Terrace, onboard Millennium Class Ships
• The world’s first permanent "World Class™ Bar” in partnership with Diageo Global Travel Americas, with interactive and luxurious drinks experiences created by World Class-certified mixologists
• Series of 18 spectacular shows in 18 months
• Unique Take Care of Your Selfie spa and wellness program to encourage guests to find a tech-life balance while on vacation
• New Evening Chic nights, with upscale, more relaxed attire - replacing the traditional formal nights
• One-of-a-kind experiences and benefits for MGM Resorts’ M life and Celebrity’s Captain’s Club loyalty program members, from VIP experiences at Las Vegas resorts to modern luxury cruises
• Introduction of Xcelerate, Celebrity’s new high-speed internet capability across the entire fleet to make it faster and easier to stay connected
In addition, Celebrity recently announced that it has signed a memorandum of understanding with French Shipbuilder STX France to build four Edge-class ships scheduled for delivery in 2018, 2020, 2021 and 2022. Solstice-class ushered in a new era of design for modern cruise ships, and Edge-class will not disappoint as the new generation of high style and design.
Celebrity will continue to push the boundaries of what is possible at sea while offering a truly modern luxury experience for its guests. Watch this space for more exciting Celebrity Distinction developments coming soon.
For more details on Celebrity Distinction and the newest offerings, visit http://www.celebritycruises.com/ourdistinction
About Celebrity Cruises
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers' precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE, OSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.