MIAMI – August 23, 2016 – Discerning travelers who appreciate world-class cuisine, exceptional dining, incredible ingredients and the finest wines, can enjoy new uniquely distinctive experiences when they sail with Celebrity Cruises. Guests will savor fresh, authentic Japanese dishes at new restaurant Sushi on Five, enjoy the decadent Concierge Class, delicious menus, and much more. This is the Celebrity Distinction.
"Celebrity has always been recognized for its unmatched culinary and beverage experiences. And, our guests, trade partners and our multiple award wins continue to affirm this," said Brian Abel, VP, Hotel Operations, Celebrity Cruises. "We are now taking our expertise to an entirely new level through our latest offerings, which are adventurous, unexpected and distinct - just like Celebrity. When you combine all of this with our passion for delivering extraordinary serviceand having the very best culinary talent at sea, you have a truly winning combination."
"We continue to redefine our offerings, and the expectations of modern luxury vacationers by providing unique onboard experiences," said Cornelius Gallagher, AVP, Food and Beverage Operations, Celebrity Cruises. "From globally inspired recipes, locally sourced ingredients and freshly prepared cuisine, we want to instill even more finesse in everything we do and throughout our entire fleet. Our newest offerings are all part of crafting an unrivaled experience that only Celebrity can provide.”
The modern luxury brand has premiered a variety of new exciting culinary adventures and expanded its restaurant portfolio in the past 18 months. These culinary delights include:
Onboard Culinary Experiences:
- Celebrity’s Concierge Class staterooms have been redesigned to pamper travelers with a personal Concierge, five-star amenities, and an exclusive, Concierge Class Luncheon at the start of each sailing, showcasing expertly-crafted menus by Celebrity’s own Michelin-starred chef, Cornelius Gallagher:
- In addition to the personal and attentive service, Concierge Class guests receive other luxuries including fresh fruit and sparkling wine upon arrival, complimentary Daily Delectable Delights delivered every afternoon, preferred pillows from Celebrity’s extensive pillow menu and plush robes, towels and slippers.
- As part of Celebrity’s “Deliver the Destination” program, travelers sailing to Alaska can now enjoy fresh, locally sourced and succulent Alaska King Crab. This decadent treat is available at the Mast Grill daily, and can be paired with Alaskan brewed ale including Alaska Brewing IPA, Pale Ale, Amber Ale and White Ale
- Travelers can take part in chef-led culinary excursions - Chef’s Market Discoveries, offered in more than 40 regions across the world, to experience the local fare on land and feast on culturally inspired dishes on board.
Expanded Restaurant Portfolio:
- Celebrity’s newest culinary delight, Sushi on Five, reimaged from what was once Bistro on Five, features an à la carte menu, crafted by expert sushi chef Yoshikazu "Yoshi" Okada. The new menu features hand-rolled sushi, fresh tableside grated wasabi, house-made soy sauce, plus a variety of starters and entrees paired with an array of Asian-inspired cocktails, Japanese beers and premium sakes curated by a sake sommelier
- Celebrity’s Italian-inspired ristorante and enoteca, Tuscan Grille, currently onboard the Solstice Class and Millennium Class ships, showcases a new menu crafted by Chef Gallagher, Celebrity’s Michelin-starred culinary lead. The menu features 100% homemade pasta, artisanal salumi and cheeses, USDA prime dry-aged steaks, as well as Celebrity’s own spin on Italian regional favorites. Sip hand-crafted, Italian-inspired cocktails, house-made limoncello and choose from the wine list dedicated to the wine-growing regions of Italy. The new Tuscan Grille will be rolled out to Celebrity’s entire fleet by the end of Summer 2016
- An energetic, vibrant lounge onboard Solstice ships, the Sky Observation Lounge now offers new hand-crafted cocktails prepared by a flair mixologist who has been professionally trained by the world’s best Flair Bartender, Christian Delpech
And, what’s still to come:
- From November 2016, Celebrity will be the first cruise line in the industry to introduce Dine Aware, the only standard for the food and beverage industry which focuses on food allergy and intolerance communication and experiences. Guests with special dietary needs will be able to dine confident with Dine Aware
- Celebrity proves no detail is too small with the soon-to-be-offered Ripple Maker, which prints personalized images and photos on cappuccinos and lattes, bringing joy to every cup
- The modern luxury brand will take customization a step further with its BlendtiqueTM wine blending classes, allowing guests to become a vintner for the day, creating one-of-a-kind wine blends that can be bottled onboard and customized with personalized wine labels. Guests will be able to mail order their custom blended wine to their friends and family on land. Available fleet wide by the end of 2016
- Riedel Glassware, created with over 260 years of expertise in redefining modern glassware, will be Celebrity’s exclusive glassware featured in the main dining rooms fleet wide by the end of 2016
The excitement doesn’t stop there; guests can continue to enjoy the new Rooftop Terrace while savoring sumptuous cuisine inspired by classic films at A Taste of Film, or experience a firsthand lesson in proper grilling techniques from top Grill Masters at the Lawn Club Grill. For the romantic in everyone, the guest favorite Murano offers modern interpretations of classic French cuisine and a unique Five Senses Menu, which features six courses presented in a tasting menu, perfectly paired with world-class wine, designed to stimulate the senses.
Suite Class and Aqua Class guests can enjoy distinct private restaurants of their own. Suite Class offers exclusive access to unrivaled globally inspired modern, eclectic fare at Luminae, the highest-rated restaurant across the fleet, while Aqua Class guests can dive in to the clean, crisp flavors and contemporary cuisine at Blu.
In addition to these truly new and wonderful culinary experiences and expanded restaurant portfolio, Celebrity boasts one-of-a-kind wine offerings and world-class cocktails fleet-wide:
- The modern luxury brand offers one of the largest wine collections at sea. The main dining room wine lists, which have claimed 39 Awards of Excellence from the Wine Spectator Restaurant Wine List Awards over the last four years, host over 300 prestigious labels, including Tignanello, Grgich Hills, and Guigal Côte Rôtie. Celebrity’s wine menus feature an extensive global collection of fine wines as diverse as the destinations the brand visits across the seven continents of the world
- Celebrity’s team of Sommeliers navigates guests through the award-winning wine lists, guiding them to new and exciting choices. The Sommeliers also participate in ongoing education to keep them well-versed in wine theory, vintages, regional and varietal technicalities, and the most delectable food and wine pairings
- Guests can enjoy Celebrity’s newest proprietary blend “Elegance”by Kendall-Jackson, available fleet-wide
- Cocktail lovers can enjoy both classic and contemporary martinis, featuring a collection of classic and rare vodkas at Martini Bar & Crush or relish in the hand-crafted cocktail menu at World Class Bar
As part of the Celebrity Distinction, the brand is committed to continually pushing the boundaries of what is possible at sea while delivering a truly modern luxury experience through its world-class cuisine, personal attention to detail and unrivaled accommodations.
For more details on the newest culinary offerings, visit celebritycruises.com.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents immersive cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.