MIAMI – Dec. 13, 2016 – The modern luxury brand known foropening up the world continues to reveal highlights from the upcoming 2018-2019 season. Full of Celebrity Cruises firsts, the latest itineraries include new destinations as part of lavish itineraries with overnights in some of the most sought-after ports of call in the world. In addition to adding breathtaking locales to its roster of sailings, the modern luxury cruise line is expanding its itineraries in the Arabian Peninsula, India, and Far East, as well as South America and the Panama Canal, while adding new ports of call in Australia, New Zealand, and the Caribbean during the 2018 and 2019 sailing season. This is the Celebrity Distinction.
Celebrity is also going on sale with its exciting line-up of shore excursions for the new season, providing a unique look at some of the most desirable destinations around the world. Through its world class experiences and amenities, the modern luxury cruise line offers the most indulgent vacations to all seven continents.
With a tally of 282 destinations in 77 countries across the world, including new ports of call, 188 exciting overnights in 41 cities and 28 double overnight stays in seven different ports, this truly is one of Celebrity’s richest seasons yet.
South America and Panama Canal
- For the first time, a Solstice Class shipwill sail to South America with new-to-class destinations including, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, as well as paying a unique visit to Antarctica along the way. Celebrity Eclipse’s South American itineraries include:
- 14-night sailings between Chile and Argentina
- Two roundtrip Argentina sailings to Antarctica
- 10-night sailing to Brazil departing from Buenos Aires
- 11-night Signature Event Sailing with a double overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro to experience Rio Carnaval
Each destination will be brought to life on board with cultural experiences such as Argentine Tango classes and authentic Latin American cuisine and vintage tastings. Guests will get a taste of the local culture, embarking on the iconic chef-led Uniquely Celebrity Shore Excursions, Chef’s Market Discoveries, in various countries across South America, including Argentina and Uruguay.
Australia and New Zealand
- Back by popular demand, Celebrity Solstice returns to Australia and New Zealand with brand new ports of call. Itineraries will include:
- 10- to 14-night open-jaw sailings from Sydney, Australia to Auckland, New Zealand (and vice versa)
- 13-night adventures at new ports of call that explore the most exotic locales in the South Pacific:
- Apia, Samoa
- Vava’u, Tonga
- Nuku’alofa, Tonga
- Two 16-night itineraries along the Southern Coast of Australia to New Zealand – one from Auckland to Freemantle and another from Freemantle Auckland
- 10-night Great Barrier Reef sailings with opportunities to swim, snorkel, and dive
- As part of this iconic itinerary, guests will revel in a new Multi-Day Adventure with an overnight at the fabled heart of the ocean, the Great Barrier Reef, camping under the stars on the Moore Reef Pontoon
- Overnight stay in Hobart, Tasmania, where guests can enjoy the stunning Georgian and Victorian era architecture and shop the pedestrian mall on Elizabeth Street
With authentic cuisine, culture, and entertainment from each port of call, guests will have the opportunity to get to know Australia and New Zealand before even leaving the ship. An enrichment program and partnership with the Australia Zoo allows guests to become experts on the wildlife from down under – from koalas to coral.
- Aboard Celebrity Constellation, unravel the mysteries of exotic destinations in the Arabian Peninsula, India, and Southeast Asia. These itineraries include:
- Grand Spice Route Tour – a 29-night journey comprised of two sailings from the Arabian Peninsula (Abu Dhabi) to the Far East (Shanghai),
- Follow the path of the ancient spice trade route with stops in Dubai, Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Sri Lanka, Phuket, Ho Chi Minh, and more
- 14 cities in seven different countries with overnight stays in Bangkok, Singapore and Hong Kong
- 12- to 15-night sailings from Abu Dhabi visiting India and southeast Asia
- Africa and the Arabian Peninsula package
- Experience an authentic safari adventure in Tanzania with luxurious lodging, fully-guided tours, air travel, and a Celebrity Concierge – all paired with a cruise around the Arabian coast and India
- Following Celebrity Millennium’s multi-million dollar dry dock, in May 2016, which included the addition of the iconic gastronomic adventure “A Taste of Film,” the star of the Millennium Class is offering a variety of Asian itineraries, including:
- 13- to 14-night sailings aboard Celebrity Millennium with roundtrip and open-ended sailings from Tokyo (Yokohoma), Shanghai (Baoshan), Hong Kong, and Singapore
Guests will be able to experience select ports in uniquely Celebrity style. Become familiar with the local fare of Phuket, Thailand, with the brand’s award-winning Chef’s Market Discoveries excursions, enjoy a delicious Arabian feast under the stars with Abu Dhabi’s Enchanted desert excursion, or get pampered in Kagoshima, Japan with the Chiran and Ibusuki Sand Bath wellness treatment experience. Guests can’t go wrong when they sail Asia with Celebrity.
Signature Event Sailings in Asia
Celebrity Constellation’s newest Signature Event Sailing will transport guests to Hong Kong’s biggest celebration, the Chinese New Year. Modern luxury travelers will become enraptured by the heritage-filled parade by day and the breathtaking fireworks display above the harbor at night.
Celebrity Millennium will also be visiting the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, where guests will have prime viewing as thousands of glowing lanterns are released into the night sky to celebrate the first full moon of the Chinese New Year, each carrying a handwritten wish to the heavens.
Bermuda and Canada/New England
- Celebrity reintroduces the chance to discover New England and Bermuda separately or together with itineraries including:
- Seven-night sailings from Cape Liberty to King’s Wharf, Bermuda with three days and two nights in Bermuda
- 11-night Independence Day/Canada Day Signature Event Sailings with an overnight stay in Boston for the Fourth of July and an overnight stay in Halifax to celebrate Canada’s birthday
- 14-night combined Canada and New England sailings in the fall. Overnight calls to Quebec, calls to Boston, and Halifax, among others.
- 10-night combined New England and Bermuda sailing with stops in King’s Wharf, Bermuda; Portland and Bar Harbor, Maine
- Travel through Nova Scotia’s most dynamic landscapes in the Eskasoni Cultural Journey, where guests can intimately explore the culture of the Mi’Kmaq people.Gourmands can tour Côtes-a-Côtes and indulge in Canadian delicacies with the Uniquely Celebrity World Flavors Taste Quebec’s Diverse Wine, Cheese and Delicacies excursion.
- The Caribbean’s newest year-round resident, Celebrity Equinox, will make Celebrity one of the only premium cruise lines in the Caribbean all year long:
- Winter 2018-19 only: Among the itineraries, a new addition is a redesigned four-port eastern Caribbean sailing, making stops in San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas; Nassau, Bahamas; and an exciting, brand new port of call along the Coconut Coast, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Celebrity’s quick escapes to the Caribbean give time-crunched vacationers the opportunity to visit tropical ports-of-call in modern luxury style, onboard Celebrity Infinity, these itineraries include:
- Four- and five-night sailings aboard Celebrity Infinity from Fort Lauderdale, with alternating visits to Key West and Cozumel, and Key West and Nassau
- Revel in the tropical breeze of the Caribbean aboard the award-winning Solstice Class ship Celebrity Silhouette, departing from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida:
- Itineraries include nine- and 12-night southern Caribbean sailings
- 9-night itineraries include Grand Cayman, Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao
- 12-night itineraries include St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St. Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica, and St. Kitts/Nevis
- The newest and largest ship in the Celebrity fleet, Celebrity Reflection will transport modern luxury travelers to the Caribbean in ultimate style, continuing to offer the vessel’s iconic itineraries, including:
- 10-night Ultimate Caribbean voyage, roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, and visiting St. Johns, Antigua; Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; with an overnight in Philipsburg, St. Maarten
- Three 11-night Ultimate Caribbean sailing also roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale, visiting Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Colon, Panama; with an overnight in the gorgeous Cartagena, Colombia; George Town, Grand Cayman; and Cozumel, Mexico
- Four 11-night Ultimate Caribbean sailings roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale will visit Grand Cayman, Columbia, Curacao, and Bonaire in the Southern Caribbean with overnights in Aruba
- From Bermuda to the Caribbean, Celebrity Summit will offer a variety of unique sailings, homeporting in San Juan, Puerto Rico for the full winter season, including:
- Alternating seven-night Southern Caribbean sailings:
- The first calling at St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Roseau, Dominica;; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Bridgetown, Barbados; and St. George’s, Grenada
- The second visiting Bridgetown, Barbados; Castries, St. Lucia; St. Johns, Antigua; St. Kitts & Nevis; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- 10-night Lesser Antilles voyage, also calling at Kingstown, St. Vincent; St. George’s, Grenada; Castries, St. Lucia; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; and also St. Johns, Antigua
- 11-night Dutch Antilles cruise calling St. Croix, U.S.V.I.; Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis; St. Johns, Antigua; Willemstad, Curacao; with an overnight in Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; and Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
- Additional 12-night Dutch Antilles itineraries calling alternate ports, including Fort De France, Martinique; and Ponce, Puerto Rico.
In typical Celebrity fashion, guests will be given access to unrivaled, in-depth experiences in the Caribbean, including an exclusive three-course meal preparation at the personal home of one of Antigua’s most respected chefs, Nicole Arthurton, with the brand’s At Home with Chef Nicole excursion.Wanderlust revelers can experience the incredible Colombian night life with the Unique Dining and Carriage Ride Experience in Cartagena’s Walled City excursion.
To celebrate the brand’s rich lineup of cruises, Celebrity will continue to offer the popular “Go Big, Go Better, Go Best!” promotion for nearly all of Celebrity’s 2018-2019 sailings. Guests who book an oceanview or higher stateroom and “Go Big” can enjoy a free perk from the choice of Classic Beverage Packages, unlimited high-speed internet packages, prepaid tips or $150 to spend onboard. Vacationers can even choose to upgrade and “Go Better” to get their choice of two perks, or “Go Best” and get all four perks, plus a premium beverage package upgrade. Any guests who book Suite accommodations will be given all four perks ("Go Best") for free. Full details about this offer are available at celebritycruises.com/gobigbetterbest.
In addition, the modern luxury brand is honoring it’s valued Captain’s Club members, offering them an early priority access to begin planning their ultimate vacation, two days before the 2018-2019 sailings open to the public on Thursday, December 15, 2016.
Celebrity will continue to reveal more of its robust 2018-2019 cruise vacation lineup in the upcoming weeks. To learn more and book, guests can contact Celebrity at 1-800-CELEBRITY or call their travel agent. Information soon will be available online at celebritycruises.com/sailbeyondborders2018-19.
About Celebrity Cruises:
Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents incredible cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of six cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, visit www.celebritycruises.com, or call your travel agent.